I wrote this one on 25 February 2001, after learning that the idea behind Uncles was open for use by other people. Since I had already set up the universe (in A Certain Distance), I figured I may as well give it a try ...


A Certain Uncle (or Two)

This is an alternate-universe followup to my story A Certain Distance, and a borrowing of Nighthawk's "open" idea Uncles.

All disclaimers that appear on both of those webpages apply here.

Why did I write this? Because I needed to see whether I could still write silly things, despite all the bad things going on in my life right now. Besides, I wanted to see whether I could write another drabble ...


Skuld popped out of Hotaru's teacup. "Here's your Silence Glaive."

"Thanks. Go away."

"But I have to grant you a wish ..."

"No you don't. If you don't leave, I will."

They left together, walking through the market. "But I really do! What do you want, really?"

"Really? Well, I wish that I was really related to ..." Hotaru's voice trailed off when she saw the wallscroll in the bookstore window.

"Related to who?" asked Skuld.

Hotaru still stared at the wallscroll. Eventually, she said "Ranma and Ryouga?"

Skuld's Goddess Emblems glowed. "Wish granted."

Hotaru realized too late what she'd said. "Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"


Last update: 20 April 2001

HomeAnime FAQsAnime FanficsAnime Meganekko
Ani-Mayhem CardsAnime in RPGsAnime LinksAnime Miscellany