Rob Kelk's Page Full 'o' Links!
First, here are links to the two sites that mirrored part or all of my old Tripod site: HedgeNet and Raven's Garage. Jeanne and Andy were kind enough to give me some of their webspace, and this is the least I can do in return.
Next, a link to a rather important article: Better Read That Again: Web Hoaxes and Misinformation, by Paul S. Piper. Everyone who
uses the Web for research should read this page.
North American corporate pages
This is not a complete list of anime companies.
Here's a few of the fanfics and fanfic sites that I like.
- First, the first place to look for anime fanfics:
- the rec.arts.anime.creative archives.
Next, my list of the dozen best fanfics that I didn't write. (Of course I like my own stories. Every writer I know likes his or her own work. But you can find my stories over on the
fanfiction page of this website - they don't need to be listed here.)
- Cevn McGuire's Trial by Tenderness (an alternate Oh My Goddess! timeline)
- Libby Thomas & Rob Barba's Duet of Pigtails (in the rec.arts.anime.creative archives - a continuation/crossover of Ranma ½ and Magic Knight Rayearth) (Fanart and Rob Barba's parts of the story can be found here.)
- Bert Van Vliet's Bubblegum Zone (an alternate Bubblegum Crisis timeline)
- David Pascal's Koyuki’s Red Pinwheel (old version, via the Internet Archive - a Saber Marionette J continuation)
- June "KaraOhki" Geraci's Just Add Hot Water (a Ranma ½ sidestory/crossover) (and if you think it's easy to choose just one of KaraOhki's stories, I invite you to try sometime ...)
- Michael McAvoy's No Need For Sasami (a Tenchi Muyo! continuation)
- Jeanne Hedge's We Just Want to Help You (an alternate Bubblegum Crisis timeline)
- Mike "Mako-chan" Koos' Instruments of Change (via the Internet Archive - a continuation/crossover of Oh My Goddess! and Ranma ½)
- John Biles' Dance of Shiva (a massive crossover/alternate timeline - Bubblegum Crisis, Tenchi Muyo!, Sailor Moon, Patlabor, and many, many more)
- Bob Schroeck's Drunkard's Walk (a massive crossover/picaresque - the stay in an alternate Bubblegum Crisis timeline is complete; the visit to an alternate Oh My Goddess timeline is in progress; other stops have short "teasers")
- Blade and Epsilon's Ran Wars series (a fusion of Ranma ½ and Star Wars)
- Robert "Kenko" Haynie's Girl Days (a Ranma ½ continuation - it would have been higher on the list, except for continuity problems that have this story happening after Volume #34 and before Volume #20 at the same time...)
Finally, some fanfic collections, in no particular order.
Other Anime Links
To close this section, here's a few links that don't really fit in the categories above ...
The Pirate Anime FAQ - how to spot unlicensed products, and why you shouldn't buy them
Being Upfront: A Pictorial Guide to Bodacious Women in Anime
Child of Destruction: The Kalia Shrine
Gateway to the Goddesses - an information page for the Oh My Goddess! manga and anime
The Characterization Triangle - by Brian Dinnigan: "A Not Quite Scientific Methodology for Character Analysis and Design; Not Quite
Serious, Either; Or Right." But it's still an interesting essay.
Are now on a separate page
Last update: 17 February 2005